The Dawson Creek Exhibition & Stampede, World Professional Chuckwagons, and Canadian Professional Rodeo Association would like to thank your business for considering our 2017 Sponsorship Package.
We look forward to the “2017 Greatest Show in the Peace” which will celebrate our 95th anniversary of this great event. 30,000 people attended the “2017 Greatest Show in the Peace” and another 5000 attended the mile long parade on Friday. Our event is the largest Agriculture Fair this side of Edmonton and one of the 2nd largest in BC.
Check out our web site at www.dawsoncreekfair.com and take a look at what this Event has to offer your business. Take a look! We have many sponsorship opportunities for your business to select from, starting as low as $500.00. All come with complimentary event tickets, BBQ tickets for Thursday night, Kick-Off BBQ. The annual Dawson Creek Exhibition & Stampede is not only a tradition but after 95 years in operation bringing Agriculture, Rodeo and Chuckwagon racing to our event fans has now become where we locals plan to be each August! Does not matter where the economy is in the world of economics …….we Peace River area locals make this event a priority.
Tarp Auction (World Professional Chuckwagons)– Our event participates in the World Professional Chuckwagon Canvas Auction. When you successfully bid on a 2017 “Battle of the North” canvas at auction, purchasers receive a chuckwagon tarp that will showcase your logo (your cost), and is your backstage pass to the chuckwagon barns! Saskatoon, Medicine Hat, High River, Bonneyville, Strathmore, Rocky Mountain House and ourselves share the same Tarp Auction via satellite joining all the venues at the same time using one auctioneer. This year’s date is April 6th at 4:30 pm (Alberta time) with a reception and sale starting at 5:00 p.m. We are hosting at the Vold Jones Vold Auction Mart, in Dawson Creek. Check out the pre auction advance information at www.halfmileofhell.com, our web site www.dawsoncreekfair.com or for bidding on the actual sale www.cslauction.com if you can’t make it to one of our sale sites.
Tarp Auction (Western Chuckwagon Association)– Our event participates in the Western Chuckwagon Association Canvas Auction. We host the WCA finals. When you successfully bid on a 2017 WCA Finals canvas at auction you receive a Chuckwagon tarp that will showcase your logo, and is your backstage pass to the Chuckwagon Barns! Grande Prairie Stompede, Teepee Creek, Rio Grande, Rycroft, Manning, Grimshaw and ourselves all share a venue for the Tarp Auction: at “POMEROY HOTEL” in Grande Prairie. This year’s date is set for March 23rd at 4:30 p.m. sale starts at 5:00 p.m. Alberta time) Check out www.westernchuckwagon.com or www.dawsoncreekfair.com for more information.
Chuckwagon Event Sponsor – Offers businesses the opportunity to sponsor a Heat of 4 chuckwagons, Dash for Cash, Barrels at our Race Meet, choosing from World Professional Chuckwagons or Western Chuckwagons. What an opportunity to showcase your business!
- Rodeo Added Purse– Available for Bareback, Saddle Bronc, Tie Down Roping, Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Ladies Barrels and Bull riding at $2000.00 We are a dual sanctioned rodeo, which means points won at our rodeo go towards the Canadian Finals Rodeo and the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, for both competitor and stock. Our Stampede has joined the Wrangler Canadian Pro Rodeo Tour. Your business can play a big part in the featured events. 2015 saw the largest rodeo entry to date.
- Electronic Scoreboard & Big Screen – Used for Chuckwagon and Rodeo, event contestants and sponsor information. With your sponsorship you receive an ad or business name mention on the big screen. Another opportunity for businesses or events is signage on the bottom of the electronic scoreboard. The score board is set up to add a business name or event below the screen and we rent this sponsor opportunity at a day rate. We now rent two big 25’ screens with instant replay and graphics.
- Agriculture Fair – Information bringing knowledge of the agriculture industry and where our food comes from. With competition and education displays in Light & Heavy Horse, Cattle, 4H, Sheep, Goats and bench exhibits to name a few. Your business sponsor dollars will contribute to keeping our Agriculture Fair alive.
- Trade Fair – will be hosted on site. We anticipate a unique list of trade show exhibits that will showcase some of the newest products, techniques, services available for Agriculture and Home Decor.
- Corporate Hosting – Tent to accommodate 325 guests (track side), tables, chairs, BBQ, Kitchen, sound, security, bar service, fenced for privacy.
We are proud of the improvements made to the Exhibition Park yearly, including upgrades to “Old Town”, 4-H Pavilion, Track and Infield and the Heavy Horse Barn, new grandstand roof in 2012, and new wood seating in the Grandstand 2014. Friday is our “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” fundraiser for the Canadian Breast Cancer Society. Saturday is set aside to “Honour our Troops”. Watch for our Children’s Events at the Fair! We love “Kids”!
We are looking forward to having your business participate in one of our sponsorship packages or a booth at the Trade Fair. Join us from August 9-13th, at the “2017 Greatest Show in the Peace”.
Yours in the Betterment of our Communities
Dawson Creek Exhibition Association
Connie Patterson, President
(250) 782-6272 (winter phone) (250) 219-0791 (cell)
For further information on our events, schedules, gate admission, parking and camping check us out at www.dawsoncreekfair.com
Since 1922 the Dawson Creek Exhibition Association has been made up of volunteers from Dawson Creek and area. As a Not for Profit organization, our vision is to bring Agriculture, Forestry, Oil Industry, Entertainment and Education to the Exhibition. A venue for all Peace River Area residents to showcase their products, highlighted with culture, fun, profitability, and the preservation of Canada’s Western Heritage. The 2017 “Greatest Show in the Peace” will be celebrating its 95th Anniversary. We have many events planned for Fair Week to honour our events growth and the pioneers whose vision we still see today.
30,000 spectators, contestants, exhibitors, and volunteers came through the gates in 2016 and 5000 to the downtown mile long parade from all areas of the Peace River Country, BC, Alberta and beyond. Dawson Creek is a city of 12,000 with a trade area of 65,000. World Professional Chuckwagons Race in the events famous “Battle of the North”. The Wrangler Pro Tour Rodeo is ranked 4th in Canada for attendance. The same World Professional Chuckwagon drivers and many of the Canadian /American Professional Rodeo cowboys that compete at the Calgary Stampede compete here in Dawson Creek. We are second to the last point show on the WPCA circuit prior to their wagon finals. Adding some local content, 16 Western Chuckwagon Association wagons host their finals at our event. Local ranch teams compete at the 6th Annual Ranch Rodeo on Wednesday and Thursday. In 2006 our Stampede became affiliated with the American Rodeo Association, so monies won in Dawson Creek count towards the Rodeo Tour Finals, Canadian Finals in Edmonton and the National Rodeo Finals in Las Vegas. For the 24th year world recognized stock contractors, “Kesler Rodeo”, will be providing our rough stock. Their stock also competes for points to qualify for the Canadian and National Finals.
AGRICULTURE FAIR: We are sanctioned with BC Fairs & Canadian Fairs hosting the 2nd largest Agriculture Fair in BC. Our Supreme Bull and Supreme Cow from the cattle division go onto to” Western Agribition” (Regina) competing in the Western Supreme Challenge along with 11 other Canadian & US Fairs. The Draft Horse division will host the 2017 BC Percheron Association Provincial Halter Show. Our Fair offers the public an opportunity to view the Peace River area Agriculture Communities outstanding accomplishments in competitions and demonstrations.
NEW DEMONSTRATIONS: Our First Nations people play a huge part in the past and current history of this event. We have added a First Nations Village with two authentic teepees and the cooking of bannock in the Summer Kitchen. “SummerKitchen” throughout the five days prepares food and canning samples from the Exhibitions own garden on site. The Heritage Building hosts Agriculture exhibits for children 5 – 10 years old, teaching youngsters about where their food comes from and the role farmers play in producing food for Canadians from the Peace River area. Each “Division” of the Agriculture Fair display information on what their particular division brings to Agriculture in the community.
The Dawson Creek Exhibition Association supports more than 10 non-profit organizations, including 4-H, Arts Groups, Church Groups, School and Sports Groups with a venue for their major fundraising during the five day event. Funds are raised by these groups by providing a service, 50/50, food booth or grounds clean-up during the Exhibition. “Old Town” besides hosting their famous Food Booths, is home to an outdoor Trade fair and outdoor Sound Stage with daily entertainment. The Fair Grounds and Event Centre have access to over 80 acres, giving ample space for parking and camping. The Exhibition hires students for the set-up/takedown of the fair, parking attendants, program sales, and children’s program, as well as staff for gate admission sales, the bank, events staff and licensed security. We play a major role in orientation of all staff volunteers and service groups who take part in making the “Greatest show in the Peace” a reality each year.
We strive for a rural setting, giving the public, competitors & livestock a clean, safe ground for a fun filled family weekend. Customer service booth and Fair office are on site with Event Security offices at both main entrances. A new grandstand roof became a reality in 2012 and the City of Dawson Creek replaced the Grandstand seating in 2014.
The 2017 Dawson Creek Exhibition &Stampede will be offering these events over 5 days:
- Fair Parade (Friday Morning) and Kid’s Parade (Thursday Evening)
- Fireworks (Friday and Saturday) at 10:30 pm
- West Coast Amusements
- Cattle Show, Light Horse Show, Heavy Horse Show, Sheep, Goats, Poultry, Rabbits, 4H
- Demonstrations include Llama, Hogs, Grains, Wines
- Horticulture, Youth Handicrafts, Home Arts, Youth Photography
- Kids Heritage Building
- Kids Horse Show, Children’s Exceptional Rodeo and Kids Wild Horse Race
- World Professional Chuckwagons and Western Chuckwagons (“Year End Finals” for WCA)
- Wrangler Canadian Professional Tour Rodeo
- Heritage Ranch Rodeo
- Entertainment in our famous “Waterin’ Hole” with Country Recording Artists
- Talent Contest, Gospel Festival and Much Music Teen Dance
- Commercial & Agriculture, Home Decor Trade Fair on site. (Thursday – Sunday)
- Sponsor Hosting opportunities
We recognize our Sponsors with name advertising in the 2017 day schedules (30,000), Sponsor page in “Battle of the North” pro wagons and rodeo program, 2 – 25’ big screens rodeo infield and web page. Sponsors are invited to the complimentary “Kick-off BBQ” on Thursday night prior to the World Professional Chuckwagon races in the Waterin’ Hole. Come join our team, bringing exposure and profitability to all, where Agriculture, Forestry, Industry, Education and Family Entertainment meet. Take part in the 95th Anniversary of our Western Heritage at the “2017 Greatest Show in the Peace”