Heavy Horse Show Division
Director: Kathy Ackles 250-759-4981
Rules & Regulations:
- Exhibitors must be members of BC Horse Council or equivalent.
- Entries accepted until 6 PM August 4, 2017. Fax entries to (250)782-8977 or (250)782-1881.
- All Exhibitors must be members of the Dawson Creek Exhibition Association. Membership fee is $3 per Exhibitor to be included with entry fee.
- All Exhibitors must provide Provincial Insurance number: BC Horse Council, Alberta Equine Federation or Insurance of equal value.
- All Exhibitors must attend meeting Wednesday, 6 PM at Draft Horse Ring.
- All Pull Exhibitors must be stabled and attend meeting Friday, 9 AM at Draft Horse Ring.
- All Junior Exhibitors must have a signed form by Parent or Legal Guardian accompanying entry form.
- All Juniors to be accompanied by an Adult In Driving, Hitch, and Log Skid Classes.
- A Teamster may have only 1 person accompany them in a Class and they must be a qualified handler.
- No horse shall be allowed in the barns or on the grounds unless entered and shown.
- Stalls must be cleaned and manure moved by 8 AM each morning.
- Barn Boss shall escort you to allotted parking spaces and camping (if you have a van with stalls attached, please note on entry form).
- Registered horses must have registration papers available for inspection upon request and a copy of registration paper with entries. Foals MUST be applied for. Proof of application may be requested.
- All Judges’ decisions will be final NO consultation with the judge shall be allowed.
- Any entry may be excused by the Judge without explanation, if the Judge deems the entry is unsafe or incorrect for the Class.
- Every Exhibitor is responsible for his own exhibit. Water will be provided on the grounds. First bedding of shavings will be available.
- In the absence of competition in any section, or if the stock exhibited is of inferior quality, the judge will award only such premiums as he or she deems the exhibits merit. The judges are particularly requested to conform to the regulation.
- A – AGRICULTURAL CLASSES = ALL AGRICULTURAL HORSES DO NOT HAVE PATTON LEATHER HARNESS, HORSES TO HAVE KEG SHOES OR BAREFOOT, NO SHOW SHOES (DECORATIONS OPTIONAL).
- S – SHOW CLASSES = ALL HORSES MUST HAVE SHOW HARNESS, BE SHOD AND DECORATED
- M – MULES = MAY ONLY ENTER CLASSES DESIGNATED AS M-MULE CLASSES
- There shall be no cross entries of driver or horses from side A (Agricultural Classes) to S (Show Classes) or vice versa.
- Mile Zero Teamster = No Teamster may enter more than once (points shall be tallied from classes 200, 201, 202)
- In the event of a tie, it will be broken on the placing in class 202.
- A Teamster must enter all 3 classes to qualify. A Prize or Trophy will be awarded.
- Entries must be made in writing (form enclosed) by the owner or his agent who shall sign as agent and give name and owner accompanied by the necessary fees. Entries with full information should be mailed to: D.C. EXHIBITION ASSOCIATION, BOX 819, DAWSON CREEK, BC, V1G 4H8. Exhibitors are responsible for their own errors and those of their agents in preparation of entry forms.
- There will be no refund of entry fees after the official closing date of entries.
- Fees for cancelled classes shall be returned, unless class is combined.
- Prize money won is to be picked up at the Exhibition Office on the grounds. Cheques will not be mailed.
- Stalls will be allotted in order entries are received, after stallions. nonrefundableStall Fee $35.00 per horse.
- Entry Fees: Halter Classes $12.00, Hitch Classes $20.00, Junior Classes $ 10.00, Draft Horse Pull $ 50.00
- Halter Horses can be released Thursday 10:00pm
- Pens (tie out pens) will be available for stallions or mares and foals at the Auction Mart if needed.
- Stallions and foals can be released after respective classes.
- Stall assignments and availability will be based on previous years assignments.
- Overflow of stalling will be at the Auction Mart.
- Any Exhibitor showing in the Fiske futurity must enter the open show and be responsible to pay the open show entery fee and the stalling fees.
- *** Entries must be received by August 4th, 2017 – NO Exceptions ***
- In the event of space/stall restrictions, some horses (halter) may be released early. Decisions will be at Directors discretion. Feed and tack stalls only if space permits.
- ***RING REGULATIONS***
- All Exhibitors are to follow Ring Stewards direction.
- (a) All Exhibitors shall wear the number on their backs, or number placed on the back of Cart or Wagon, only one number to show at a time. Any Exhibitor using the wrong number in the ring or having no number, may be excused from the class or may be disqualified in the event of a subsequent protest.
- (b) Horses shall not be allowed to be punished unnecessarily or severely.
- All entries must be clean and well groomed including Handlers, Harness and Horse drawn equipment.
- (c) Any act of discourtesy or disobedience to the officials on part of the owner, groom, rider or driver, may disqualify a horse from adjudication.
- Contestants must be in the holding ring 10 minutes before their class. Once the show ring gate is closed and the Judge is told that is his class, no further entries will be allowed.
- Contestants entering in Classes specifically designed for juniors must not have passed their 19th birthday by July 1, 2015. Proof of age must be available on request.
- Exhibitor is responsible to point out to the Show Committee any refunds they have coming.
- The Show Committee feels it only proper that winners of prizes write a note of appreciation to the donors of the same.
- No stallions will be handled by Junior Exhibitors.
- Any Exhibitor from out of province with farm plates hauling show horses is exempt of weigh scale fees.
TRAFFIC: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VEHICLES (EXCEPT AMBULANCES, FIRE OR POLICE) BE PERMITTED TO MOVE WITHIN THE FAIRGROUNDS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9:00 AM AND 10:00PM, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY.
ALL ANIMALS AND EXHIBITORS SHALL HAVE POSTED RELEASE TIMES. A SLIP WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE BARN BOSS.
Four Horse Hitch Competition – TBA
Supreme Championship – TBA
In 2016 we are the host of the BC Percheron Provincial Halter Show
As Well as Fiske’s 2017 Canadian Ultimate Supreme Halter Challenge
|Schedule: Thursday, August 10, 2017, @ 09:00 AM, Draft Horse Halter Show – Draft Horse Ring|
|Class 1 – Filly Foal (1st & 2nd advance to class 4)|
|Class 1P – Percheron – Filly Foal (1st & 2nd advance to class 4P)|
|Class 2 – Yearling Filly (1st & 2nd advance to class 4)|
|Class 2P – Percheron – Yearling Filly (1st & 2nd advance to class 4P)|
|Class 3 – 2 Year Old Filly (1st & 2nd advance to class 4)|
|Class 3P – Percheron – 2 Year Old Filly (1st & 2nd advance to class 4P)|
|z||Class 4 – Jr. Champion Filly & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 16)|
|z||Class 4P – Percheron – Jr. Champion Filly & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 16P)|
|Class 5 – Stud Foal (1st & 2nd advance to class 8)|
|Class 5P – Percheron – Stud Foal (1st & 2nd advance to class 8P)|
|Class 6 – Yearling Stallion (1st & 2nd advance to class 8)|
|Class 6P – Percheron – Yearling Stallion (1st & 2nd advance to class 8P)|
|Class 7 – 2 Year Old Stallion (1st & 2nd advance to class 8)|
|Class 7P – Percheron – 2 Year Old Stallion (1st & 2nd advance to class 8P)|
|z||Class 8 – Jr. Champion Stallion & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 10)|
|z||Class 8P – Percheron – Jr. Champion Stallion & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 10P)|
|Class 9 – 3 Year Old Stallion & Older (1st & 2nd advance to class 10)|
|Class 9P – Percheron – 3 Year Old Stallion & Older (1st & 2nd advance to class 10P)|
|z||Class 10 – Champion Stallion & Reserve|
|z||Class 10P – Percheron – Champion Stallion & Reserve|
|Class 11 – Broodmare wet or Foal at Side (1st & 2nd advance to class 15)|
|Class 11P – Percheron – Broodmare wet or Foal at Side (1st & 2nd advance to class 15P)|
|Class 12 – 3 Year Old Mare (1st & 2nd advance to class 15)|
|Class 12P – Percheron – 3 Year Old Mare (1st & 2nd advance to class 15P)|
|Class 13 – Yeld Mare 4 – 6 Yrs Old (1st & 2nd advance to class 15)|
|Class 13P – Percheron – Yeld Mare 4 – 6 Yrs Old (1st & 2nd advance to class 15P)|
|Class 14 – Yeld Mare 7 Yrs and Older (1st & 2nd advance to class 15)|
|Class 14P – Percheron – Yeld Mare 7 Yrs and Older (1st & 2nd advance to class 15P)|
|z||Class 15 – Senior Champion Mare & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 16)|
|z||Class 15P – Percheron – Senior Champion Mare & Reserve (1st & 2nd advance to class 16P)|
|z||Class 16 – Grand Champion Mare (1st advances to class 41)|
|z||Class 16P – Percheron – Grand Champion Mare (1st advances to class 41P)|
|Class 17 – Get of Sire|
|Class 17P – Percheron – Get of Sire|
|Class 18 – Progeny of Dam|
|Class 18P – Percheron – Progeny of Dam|
|Thursday, August 10, 2017, @ 03:00 PM, Draft Horse Hitch – Draft Horse Ring|
|Class 23 – S Ladies Team (1st and 2nd advance to class 47)|
|Class 24 – A Ladies Team (1st & 2nd advance to class 47)|
|Class 20 – Unicorn Hitch|
|Class 21 – 4 Horse Hitch Conformation|
|Class 19 – Registered team of Mares (1st & 2nd advance to class 47)|
|Class 19P – Percheron – Registered team of mares (1st & 2nd advance to class 47P)|
|Friday, August 11, 2017, @ 12:00 PM, Draft Horse Halter Show & Log Skid|
|Class 25 – Light Draft Gelding (1st & 2nd Advance to class 28)|
|Class 25P – Percheron – Light Draft Gelding (1st & 2nd Advance to class 28P)|
|Class 26 – Heavy Draft Gelding (1st & 2nd advance to class 28)|
|Class 26P – Percheron – Heavy Draft Gelding (1st & 2nd Advance to class 28P)|
|Class 27 – Pulling Horse on Halter (1st & 2nd advance to class 28)|
|z||Class 28 – Champion Gelding (1st advances to class 41)|
|z||Class 28P – Percheron – Champion Gelding (1st advances to class 41)|
|Class 29 – Mule at Halter|
|Class 30 – M Mule Team|
|Class 200 – Single Log Skid|
|Class 201 – Team Log Skid|
|Class 31 – M Mule Pattern|
|Friday, August 11, 2017, @ 03:30 PM, Draft Horse Team & Cart – Draft Horse Ring|
|Class 32 – A Men’s Team (1st advances to class 47)|
|Class 38 – Horse Drawn Equipment Class|
|Class 33 – A Ladies Cart|
|Class 34 – S Ladies Cart|
|Class 37 – S Men’s Team (1st advances to class 47)|
|Saturday, August 12, 2017, @ 10:00 AM, Draft Horse Show|
|Class 100 – Junior Decorating|
|Class 101 – Junior Showmanship|
|Saturday, August 12, 2017, @ 12:00 PM, Heavy Horse Cart & Tandem Class (schedule subject to change)|
|Class 35 – S Men’s Cart|
|Class 36 – A Men’s Cart|
|Class 102 – Junior Carts|
|Class 39 – S Tandem|
|Class 40 – A Tandem|
|Saturday, August 12, 2017, @ 03:00 PM, Heavy Horse Pull (schedule subject to change)|
|Class 300 – Saturday Draft Horse Pull|
|Sunday, August 12, 2017, @ 10:00 AM, Championship Draft Horse Show|
|z||Class 41 – Supreme of Show|
|Class 42 – Costume Class|
|Class 43 – Senior Driver 60 Yrs and Older (1st advances to class 47)|
|Class 103 – Junior Team|
|Class 45 – 4 Horse Hitch Driving Pattern|
|Class 44 – 6 Horse Hitch Driving Pattern|
|Class 46 – Amateur 4 Horse Hitch|
|z||Class 47 – Grande Champion Team|
|Class 202 – Team Pattern Class|
|z||Class 104 – Champion Junior Showman (Awarded)|
|z||Class 203 – Mile Zero Teamster Award (Points tallied from classes 200, 201, 202)|
|z||Class 500 – Leon and Shirley Fiske Memorial Futurity|
|Class 400 – STALL DECORATING CONTEST|
|Section 2 Rules and Notes
Mile Zero Teamster – No Teams may enter more than once (points shall be tallied from classes 200, 201, 202). In the event of a tie, it will be broken on the placings in class 202. A Teamster must enter all 3 classes to qualify (NO CROSS ENTRIES). A prize or trophy will be awarded
|Section 4 Rules and Notes
|Section 5 Rules and Notes